Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Zane Devlin

Our new little addition to the family
born January 21, 2006 at 4:55 pm
5 lbs 13 oz, 19 inches

Saturday started off the same as any day. we went shopping in the morning, Ember had a birthday party to go to so we needed to get her a present to take. We came home and had lunch.
After lunch I started to have pains, but they were the same as the pains that I have been getting since December so I didn't think to much of it. Jay and I were deciding who was going to take Ember to the birthday party. I went to the washroom and noticed some bleeding. Jay dropped me off at the hospital at 3:30 and then took Ember and Zander to the birthday party. Auntie Laura met Jay at the birthday party and took Zander and would pick Ember up after the party so Jay could come to the hospital to be with me.
By the time Jay got back to the hospital my contrations were 2 to 3 minutes apart and I was ready to push. The baby was in such a hurry to come that I was not able to get any pain medication. The baby came out with the cord wraped around his neck a couple of times but he was ok, Jay was pretty worried for a few minutes. The baby was born at 4:55. It all happened so fast that we were in shock. Jay could have gone and picked Ember at the party because the party wasn't over until 5:45.
The baby was three weeks early but was healthy, he didn't have to go to neo natal at all, just to the regular nursery. I got settled into my room by 8 pm and the baby spent the night in the room with me.
In the morning my doctor came in and said I could go home that was about 9:30 am. The baby's doctor said he could go home that was at about 10:30 am on the condition that we bring the baby back at 5 to get some bloodwork done. the blood work had to be done once the baby was 24 hours old. we decided to stay in the hospital until the blood work was done so we didn't have to get bundled up twice.

No comments: